If you’re planning on visiting Romania, then you surely want to visit Bran and Peles Castles as well. Those are some of the country’s main medieval tourist attractions, after all.
Still, if you’re just coming over for a weekend to visit Bucharest, you might not have enough time to do all the planning required to visit these wonderful castles. The distance is quite big – not to mention that they aren’t exactly too close to each other.
You’re in luck, though – we’ve got a special tour that helps you visit Bran and Peles Castles in just one day!
How to Visit Bran and Peles Castles in Just One Day with Travelmaker
You’ll start your journey with us in front of the Romanian Atheneum at around 8AM. You can also choose to be picked up straight from your hotel, for an extra fee. In this case, we’ll meet you at 7:30AM in front of your hotel.
Then, we’ll be on our way to Sinaia to see the Peles Castle. Next, we’ll head over to Bran to tour the castle, followed by a short walking tour of downtown Brasov.
When all’s said and done, we’ll head back to Bucharest.
Overall, the tour will take around 12 hours. During holidays, the traffic might be a little more crowded, so the arrival time in Bucharest might be slightly delayed.
The standard price is €80/adult, and €45/child (ages 7-11). A discount of 5% or 8% can be applied to groups of 3, respectively 4 or more people.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Between May-September, Brasov will be the second stop, and Bran will be the last one.
- Peles is normally closed on Mondays in the summer (May 15th – September 15th). Also, in the winter (September 15th – May 15th), the castle is closed on Mondays. In that case, you won’t get to visit Bran and Peles Castles. However, we will take you to Rasnov Citadel or Cantacuzino Palace.
- Between the 1st of November and December, Peles Castle is closed for cleaning. In that case, you’ll get to tour Pelisor Castle instead, a slightly smaller – yet still impressive – replica.
3 Reasons Why Booking a Tour Is a Better Option
Now, you might be thinking “Why should I bother with a tour when I can visit them on my own?” We’ve already addressed the time issue, but let’s get more in-depth:
- You get to save time – This way, you won’t have to spend countless hours of your free time doing research beforehand. Let’s face it – do you really want to spend your free time doing that when you can let someone else do it for you?
- You save money – With us, you won’t have to worry about booking train tickets or renting a car. We handle the transport. Speaking of which, we also provide airport/train station transfers in case you need any.
- You can take it easy – You can truly enjoy your vacation and relax. You won’t have any trains to catch or have to try and find your way out of town. All you need to do is be on time for the pick-up, and the rest is up to us.
As you can see, our goal is to make your vacation as relaxing and exciting as possible. So, be sure to book our tour to visit Bran and Peles Castles in just one day! No need to worry, though – the tour can be booked online at least one day before.