Spring is here and, in the blink of an eye, summer will take its place. If until now we’ve focused more on indoor tourist attractions, we thought that it’s time to take it outside.
Nature is at its best now. Everything turned green; the flowers blossomed, the sun is warming up our skin, so why would we want to stay indoors?
In this article, you’re about to know more about 4 of the most beautiful parks in Bucharest.
1. Herastrau Park
Herastrau is the largest park in Bucharest and it is situated on the Northern side of the city. The park has an area of 187 ha, of which 74 ha is represented by the Lake Herastrau.
Herastrau was opened for visiting back in 1936, when the open-air Village Museum, which is in the park as well, was established. Since then, it remained one of the most popular attractions in Bucharest.
If you decide to visit this park during the summer, you will simply not be bored. Here are some of the activities you can do while you’re there:
- Watch a movie. Instead of going to a cinema which is crowded with people and where it’s too much noise, you could come to the park and watch a movie. It’s quiet, you get fresh air, you can feel the grass on your skin. What more could you want?
- Take a ride on the lake. You can choose between taking a boat ride (which takes about 45 minutes), a small ship ride, or a water bicycle ride.
- Go to the amusement park. If you want to feel an adrenaline rush, then you need to visit Herastrau’s amusement park. It has plenty of interesting rides which can keep you entertained for a couple of hours.
- Grab a bite or something to drink. You can eat something delicious at Hard Rock Cafe or Beraria H, both of which are located in the park. If you’re into quality live music, then you can even check online to see whether they have a concert on the day that you plan ongoing.
2. Cismigiu Park
Cismigiu is considered one of the most beautiful parks and arranged gardens in Bucharest and it is located in the center of the city. The park has officially been opened in 1854 and is to this day a popular gateway for people living in Bucharest and tourists as well.
Cismigiu is an excellent choice for hot summer days (or evenings). It has a lake as well, so you can go ahead and relax on a boat or find a quiet spot to relax your feet and mind.
3. Carol Park
Also called Freedom Park, it’s one of the oldest parks in Bucharest. Because of its age and heritage attractions, the park was declared a historical monument in 2004.
The main attractions of the park are:
- Roman Arena;
- The Cantacuzino Fountain;
- Dimitrie Leonida Technical Museum;
- Giants Statues;
- The Mausoleum;
- Tepes Castle.
4. Tineretului Park
It is situated right across the street from Carol Park, so you can visit both of them if you’re in the area. Tineretului Park was built quite recently, as it was opened to the public in 1974.
This park has approximately 80 ha and it is located in the Southern area of Bucharest. During summer, you can take a boat ride on the lake, visit the little islands which are connected to the lake or relax under a shadow’s tree.
Don’t Miss These Beautiful Parks When You Visit Bucharest
Also, we recommend you to read this article where we talked about free things you can do in Bucharest. We promise you’ll find plenty of interesting ideas.
Tours in Bucharest
- Half-Day Tour of Bucharest
- Full-Day Tour of Bucharest
- Last Days Of Communism
- Unhealthy Food Tour Of Bucharest
- Bucharest City Tour and Wine Tasting
Feel free to check out our private tours, which include not only Bucharest attractions but surrounding areas as well. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you want more details.