Job title: Tour guide
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Share your abundant knowledge & pride for the country that you love: Romania! If you are a travel enthusiast, a history buff and enjoy meeting people from around the world, consider joining TravelMaker as a tour guide.
Since 2005, TravelMaker has offered tourists from all around the world with memorable experiences. Today, we operate 14 small-group shared tours and more than 30 private tours from Bucharest to almost every corner of Romania.
We are looking for a friendly, outgoing and bilingual professional to join our team. You’ll use your humor, charm and extensive knowledge about Romania to serve, lead and entertain our guests.
What you’ll do on our adventures:
- Guiding and entertaining up to 16 people per tour.
- Creating memorable experiences by providing the highest level of customer service.
- Following the established itinerary with punctuality, making changes where necessary.
- Keeping expenses under budget and collecting all receipts.
- Offering relevant suggestions to travelers on restaurants, souvenirs and more.
- Acting with integrity and honesty in all situations.
- Remaining positive, injecting a sense of humor and being patient and careful with customers.
- Being open-minded and flexible to all things that come your way.
The skills you need:
- Fluency in English
- Travel guide certification
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Prior tour management and group-leading experience
- Strong leadership qualities and communication skills
- Flexible to work early mornings, evening, weekends and holidays as required
- Ability to walk and speak for extended duration of time
- Punctual, responsible and customer-oriented mindset
We offer a competitive compensation based on experience and skill sets. As a bonus, high-performing tour guides receive great tips from guests! Beverages and food are covered when on a tour.
If you are interested, please send your application letter and CV to [email protected] All applications will be reviewed, but only qualified candidates will be contacted.