Two Castles in One Day – 12 hours – Shared Tour
This is a small-group full day tour from Bucharest to Transylvania on a scenic route through the Carpathian Mountains to discover two beautiful Romanian castles (Peles Royal Castle & Bran Dracula’s Castle) and the charming city of Brasov.
small group (no more than 16 people!) shared tour by car/minibus
€89 for an adult and €69 for a child 7-12, €85 for an adult and €55 for a child 7-12 from November to February
|Discounts for groups||
5% for 3 people, 8% for 4 or more people traveling together (call us for a discount code)
|Additional benefits for our customers||
10% discount at best restaurants in Bucharest including famous locations as Hard Rock Cafe, Caru’ cu bere, Hanu’ lui Manuc, Pescarus, 30% discount at Museum of Senses, 15% discount at Kitsch Museum.
around 12 – 13 hours (depending on the traffic)
in front of the Romanian Athenaeum just in front of the little garden (1-3 Franklin St., Sector 1, Bucharest), next to Athenee Palace Hilton Hotel.
Audio guide in Spanish, Italian & French, available on your mobile phone, Live tour guide: English
Transport by car/minibus and English speaking tour guide
Lunch – there will be a stop for lunch and you can eat together or individually and Entrance fees
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before the activity starts
Highlights of the tour
- Small Group Tour: No more than 16 people for a more personal and intimate experience. A chance to really discover the secrets of Transylvania while making new friends
- Friendly, Experienced Guide: Feel welcome, relaxed, and able to enjoy the tour to its fullest. Ask your burning questions and learn from your knowledgeable guide
- Visit Peles Castle, the former residence of the Romanian Royal Family and the most visited castle in Romania
- Discover the famous Bran castle also known as Dracula’s castle; It is considered that Bram Stocker’s novel was inspired by Bran Castle and Vlad the Impaler, one of the cruelest ruler of the Walachia region of Romania
- Have a guided walking tour of Brasov, with its medieval streets and admire the impressive and well-preserved architecture of a typical Transilvanian city
Itinerary – Two Castles in One Day Tour
This is a small group full day tour from Bucharest to Transylvania on a very picturesque route through the Carpathian Mountains allowing you to discover two of the most beautiful Romanian castles.
You will meet the guide and the other fellow travelers at 07:45 am at the meeting point which is in front of Romanian Atheneum, the big concert hall with Greek columns located next to Athenee Palace Hilton Hotel. There is a small garden in front of the concert hall and the tour guide will wait in
front of this garden. The exact address is 1-3 Franklin St., Sector 1, Bucharest.
Let us guide you locate the meeting point easier, watch this video!
At 08:00 am, you will leave Bucharest heading north towards the Carpathian Mountains and Transylvania.
The first stop is Sinaia, a beautiful mountain resort, where you will visit Peleş Royal Castle – the former residence of the Romanian Royal Family.
Continue the day with a scenic drive through the Carpathian Mountains and, in about 1 hour, arrive at Bran where you will visit Bran medieval castle, also known as Dracula’s castle.
Before heading back to Bucharest, we will remain in Transylvania and stop for a short time in Braşov, a typical medieval city. You will stop in the Council Square and start a short walking tour in the Old Town. You will learn more about the story of the Saxons in Transylvania, admire the impressive and well-preserved architecture, see the Black Church (symbolic building of the city – view from outside) and discover which is the second narrowest street in Europe, the Rope Street.
Hotel pick-up/drop-off (within Bucharest)
The extra fee for hotel pick-up and drop-off is €20 for a standard car (1-3 persons), €30 for a minivan (4-8 persons) and €50 for a van (9-16 persons) and the pick-up time is 07:30 AM. If you want to book this extra service, please contact us.
Know before you book
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place. If the minimum number of people is not reached, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.
- If you make an online booking for a single traveler, the total amount will be blocked on your card and either charged if we can confirm the tour on your date or rejected if the tour cannot be confirmed for your date.
- This tour is not suitable for families with children under 7 and people with walking (stairs climbing) disabilities. We strongly recommend booking a private tour (with the same itinerary) in this case.
- If you need a free audio-guide in Spanish, Italian, or French, please put a note in your reservation. The audioguide is working on your smartphone, and we will send you instructions to install it.
- Peles Castle is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays in February and March 2020. For the rest of the year, Peles Castle is closed only on Mondays. On these days, Cantacuzino Castle in Busteni will be visited instead.
- During the official holidays and weekends, the traffic to the mountain area might be busier than usual, so the return could be later than scheduled (around 9 – 10 pm).
- During the summertime (May-September), the second stop will be in Brasov, and the last one will be in Bran.
- TravelMaker is not responsible if the visited sites during the tour are closed without prior notice and for any reason at the moment you arrive.