Two Castles in One Day – 12 hours – small group shared tour
This is a small group full day tour from Bucharest to Transylvania on a very picturesque route through Carpathian Mountains allowing you to discover two of the most beautiful Romanian castles.
small group (no more than 16 people!) shared tour by car/minibus
80 Eur/adult Mar – Oct, 78 Eur/adult Nov – Feb, 45 Eur/child
8.00 AM. If you book with hotel pick up, the time will be 07:30 AM.
around 12 hours
in front of the Romanian Athenaeum (1-3 Franklin St., Sector 1, Bucharest, Revolution Square – in front of the little garden)
Transport by car/minibus, English speaking guide, Entrance fees
Lunch (around 50 lei per person) – there will be a stop on the way to eat together or separately
Itinerary Two Castles in One Day Tour
Bucharest – Sinaia: Visit Peles Royal Castle in Sinaia – General Exhibition standard tour 1 hour (on Mondays and Tuesdays during the winter season you will visit Rasnov Citadel in Rasnov)
Sinaia – Bran: Visit Bran Castle (also known as Dracula’s Castle)
Bran – Brasov: Walking tour of Brasov downtown
Brasov – Bucharest
In the morning, you will meet the tour guide and the rest of the group at the meeting point (in front of the Romanian Atheneum, next to Hilton Hotel, 1-3 Franklin St., Sector 1, Bucharest, Revolution Square – in front of the little garden; the exact location here).
At 08:00 am leave Bucharest and head to Transylvania.
Stop first in Sinaia mountain resort, considered the “Pearl of the Carpathians” and visit Sinaia castle, known as Peles castle. Erected between 1873 and 1914, the monument has been the summer residence of the Romanian Royal family and it is the most visited museum in Romania. You will visit the ground floor exhibition and see the Hall of Honor, The Weapons Room, the Music Room, the Library, the King’s office and many others. At the end of the visit, enjoy some free time in the gardens of the castle and admire the beautiful mountain scenery that surrounds this place.
Continue the day with a scenic drive through the Carpathian Mountains and, in about 1 hour, arrive at Bran where you will visit Bran medieval castle, also known as Dracula’s castle. Dating from the 14th century, it has has been serving for ages as a military fortress controlling the entry route to Transylvania and it is nowadays frequently associated with Dracula’s myth.
Before heading back to Bucharest, we will remain in Transylvania and stop for a short time in Brasov, a typical medieval city. Known as Kronstadt, under its German name, the city was founded in the 13th century by the Saxon community and developed as a trade settlement at the crossroads between Orient and Occident. You will stop in the Council Square and start a short walking tour in the Old Town. You will learn more about the story of the Saxons in Transylvania, admire the impressive and well preserved architecture, see the Black Church (symbolic building of the city – view from outside) and discover which is the second narrowest street in Europe, the Rope Street.
* During the summer time (May-September), the second stop will be in Brasov and the last one will be in Bran.
Hotel pick-up/drop-off (within Bucharest)
The extra fee for hotel pick-up and drop-off is 20 Euro for a standard car (1-3 persons), 30 Euro for a minivan (4-8 persons) and 50 Euro for a minivan (9-16 persons) and the pick-up time is 07:30 am. During the booking process you can choose this extra service.
The following hotels are located within walking distance from the departure point and there is no need for a hotel pick-up: Hilton Athenee Palace, Radisson Blu, Berthelot, Amzei, Novotel, Grand Hotel Continental, Ramada Majestic, Capitol, Capsa, Opera, Mercure City Centre, Ambasador.
Please note that the cost of taxi or Uber in Bucharest is not so high and it could be more convenient for you to take a taxi to the departure point. You can ask the reception of your hotel to order a taxi for you. Just tell the driver to take you to the Athenaeum (“Ateneu” in Romanian) in front of Hilton Hotel.
- This is a small group tour and we never take more than 16 people. However, most of the days we have less than 16 people in the group.
- The Two Castles in One Day tour can be booked online at least 1 day before. Otherwise, please call our office to inquiry about the availability and make a booking ( 40 735 525 710). If you want to book it for tommorow, please call us to check the availability before making the booking!
- This tour is not suitable for families with children under 7. We strongly recommend to book a private tour (with the same itinerary) in this case.
- This tour is not suitable for people with walking (stairs climbing) disabilities. We strongly recommend to book a private tour (with the same itinerary) in this case.
- Peles Castle is closed on Mondays and Tuesday during the winter season – from Sep 15 to May 15 – and on Mondays during the summer season – from May 15 to Sep 15. During these days Rasnov citadel will be visited instead. Rasnov castle is considered to be the best preserved medieval fortress in our country being built by the peasants.
- Between 1 November and 1 December every year, Peles Castle is closed for cleaning. During this period, you will be able to visit his smaller replica – Pelisor Castle.
- During the official holidays and weekends the traffic to the mountain area might be busier than usual so the return could be later than scheduled (around 9 -10pm).
TravelMaker, as the company which organizes the trip, is not responsible if the visited sites are closed without prior notdice and for any reason at the moment you arrive.