Two Castles in One Day – 12 hours – Shared Tour
This is a small-group full day tour from Bucharest to Transylvania on a scenic route through the Carpathian Mountains to discover two beautiful Romanian castles (Peles Royal Castle & Bran Dracula’s Castle) and the charming city of Brasov.
small group (no more than 16 people!) shared tour by car/minibus
€80 for an adult and €55 for a child 7-12 from November-February, €89 for an adult and €69 for a child 7-12 from March-October
|Discounts for groups||
5% for 3 people, 8% for 4 or more people traveling together (call us for a discount code)
|Additional benefits for our customers||
10% discount at best restaurants in Bucharest including famous locations as Hard Rock Cafe, Caru’ cu bere, Hanu’ lui Manuc, Pescarus, 30% discount at Museum of Senses, 15% discount at Kitsch Museum.
around 12 – 13 hours (depending on the traffic)
in front of the Romanian Athenaeum just in front of the little garden (1-3 Franklin St., Sector 1, Bucharest), next to Athenee Palace Hilton Hotel.
Audio guide in Spanish, Italian & French, available on your mobile phone, Live tour guide: English
Transport by car/minibus, English speaking guide, Entrance fees
Lunch (around 50 lei per person) – there will be a stop for lunch and you can eat together or individually
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before the activity starts
Highlights of the tour
- Small Group Tour: No more than 16 people for a more personal and intimate experience. A chance to really discover the secrets of Transylvania while making new friends
- Friendly, Experienced Guide: Feel welcome, relaxed, and able to enjoy the tour to its fullest. Ask your burning questions and learn from your knowledgeable guide
- Visit Peles Castle, the former residence of the Romanian Royal Family and the most visited castle in Romania
- Discover the famous Bran castle also known as Dracula’s castle; It is considered that Bram Stocker’s novel was inspired by Bran Castle and Vlad the Impaler, one of the cruelest ruler of the Walachia region of Romania
- Have a guided walking tour of Brasov, with its medieval streets and admire the impressive and well-preserved architecture of a typical Transilvanian city
Itinerary – Two Castles in One Day Tour
This is a small group full day tour from Bucharest to Transylvania on a very picturesque route through the Carpathian Mountains allowing you to discover two of the most beautiful Romanian castles.
You will meet the guide and the other fellow travelers at 07:45 am at the meeting point which is in front of Romanian Atheneum, the big concert hall with Greek columns located next to Athenee Palace Hilton Hotel. There is a small garden in front of the concert hall and the tour guide will wait in
front of this garden. The exact address is 1-3 Franklin St., Sector 1, Bucharest.
Let us guide you locate the meeting point easier, watch this video!
At 08:00 am, you will leave Bucharest heading north towards the Carpathian Mountains and Transylvania.
The first stop is Sinaia, a beautiful mountain resort, where you will visit Peleş Royal Castle – the former residence of the Romanian Royal Family.
Continue the day with a scenic drive through the Carpathian Mountains and, in about 1 hour, arrive at Bran where you will visit Bran medieval castle, also known as Dracula’s castle.
Before heading back to Bucharest, we will remain in Transylvania and stop for a short time in Braşov, a typical medieval city. You will stop in the Council Square and start a short walking tour in the Old Town. You will learn more about the story of the Saxons in Transylvania, admire the impressive and well-preserved architecture, see the Black Church (symbolic building of the city – view from outside) and discover which is the second narrowest street in Europe, the Rope Street.
Hotel pick-up/drop-off (within Bucharest)
The extra fee for hotel pick-up and drop-off is €20 for a standard car (1-3 persons), €30 for a minivan (4-8 persons) and €50 for a van (9-16 persons) and the pick-up time is 07:30 AM. If you want to book this extra service, please contact us.
The following hotels are within walking distance from the departure point, and there is no need for a hotel pick-up: Hilton Athenee Palace, Radisson Blu, Park Inn, Berthelot, Amzei, Novotel, Grand Hotel Continental, Ramada Majestic, Capitol, Capsa, Opera, Mercure City Centre, Ambasador, Carpati.
Please note that the cost of a taxi or Uber in Bucharest is not so high and it could be more convenient for you to take a taxi to the departure point. You can ask the reception of your hotel to order a taxi for you. Just tell the driver to take you to the Athenaeum (“Ateneu” in Romanian) in front of Hilton Hotel.
Know before you book
- This tour is not suitable for families with children under 7 and people with walking (stairs climbing) disabilities. We strongly recommend booking a private tour (with the same itinerary) in this case.
- If you need a free audio-guide in Spanish, Italian or French, please put a note in your reservation. The audioguide is working on your smartphone, and we will send you instructions to install it.
- Peles castle is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, on this day, you will visit Cantacuzino Castle.
- During the official holidays and weekends, the traffic to the mountain area might be busier than usual, so the return could be later than scheduled (around 9 – 10 pm).
- During the summer time (May-September), the second stop will be in Brasov, and the last one will be in Bran.
- TravelMaker is not responsible if the visited sites during the tour are closed without prior notice and for any reason at the moment you arrive.