Two Castles in One Day – 12 hours – shared tour
This is a small-group full day tour from Bucharest to Transylvania on a scenic route through the Carpathian Mountains to discover two beautiful Romanian castles (Peles Royal Castle & Bran Dracula’s Castle) and the charming city of Brasov.
small group (no more than 16 people!) shared tour by car/minibus
€80 for an adult, €45 for a child 7-12
|Discounts for groups||
5% for 3 people, 8% for 4 or more people traveling together (call us for a discount code)
|Additional benefits for our customers||
10% discount at best restaurants in Bucharest including famous locations as Hard Rock Cafe, Caru\’ cu bere, Hanu\’ lui Manuc, Pescarus, 30% discount at Museum of Senses, 15% discount at Kitsch Museum.
around 12 hours
in front of the Romanian Athenaeum (1-3 Franklin St., Sector 1, Bucharest, Revolution Square – in front of the little garden)
Audioguide in Spanish, Italian & French, Live guide in English
Transport by car/minibus, English speaking guide, Entrance fees
Lunch (around 50 lei per person) – there will be a stop for lunch and you can eat together or individually
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the tour.
Itinerary Two Castles in One Day Tour
Bucharest – Sinaia (around 2-hour driving with a stop for refreshments, snacks, toilet): Visit Peles Royal Castle in Sinaia – General Exhibition standard tour 1 hour (Peles Castle is closed on Mondays from 7 May to 29 Sep, and it is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays from 30 Sep to 6 May. On these days, you will visit Rasnov citadel) – around 1.5 hours
Sinaia – Bran (around 1-hour driving): Visit Bran Castle (also known as Dracula’s Castle) – around 1.5 hours
Bran – Brasov (around 45-minutes driving): Walking tour of Brasov downtown – around 1 hour
Brasov – Bucharest (around 3-hour driving with a stop for refreshments, snacks, and toilet)
In the morning, between 07:30 and 08:00 am, you will meet the tour guide and the rest of the group at the departure point (in front of the Romanian Atheneum, next to Hilton Hotel, 1-3 Franklin St., Sector 1, Bucharest, Revolution Square – in front of the little garden; the exact location here).
At 08:00 am leave Bucharest and head to Transylvania.
The first stop is the famous mountain resort of Sinaia for the visit to Peles castle.
Continue the day with a spectacular drive through the Carpathian Mountains and arrive at Bran to visit Bran medieval castle, also known as Dracula’s castle.
Before heading back to Bucharest, we will remain in Transylvania and stop for a short time in Brasov, a typical medieval city. You will stop in the Council Square and start a short walking tour in the Old Town.
* During the summer time (May-September), the second stop will be in Brasov, and the last one will be in Bran.
Hotel pick-up/drop-off (within Bucharest)
The extra fee for hotel pick-up and drop-off is €20 for a standard car (1-3 persons), €30 for a minivan (4-8 persons) and €50 for a van (9-16 persons) and the pick-up time is 07:30 am. If you want to book this extra service, please contact us.
The following hotels are within walking distance from the departure point, and there is no need for a hotel pick-up: Hilton Athenee Palace, Radisson Blu, Park Inn, Berthelot, Amzei, Novotel, Grand Hotel Continental, Ramada Majestic, Capitol, Capsa, Opera, Mercure City Centre, Ambasador, Carpati.
Please note that the cost of a taxi or Uber in Bucharest is not so high and it could be more convenient for you to take a taxi to the departure point. You can ask the reception of your hotel to order a taxi for you. Just tell the driver to take you to the Athenaeum (“Ateneu” in Romanian) in front of Hilton Hotel.
- Peles castle is closed on Sunday 28 Apr 2019 (Orthodox Easter) and it is open on Monday 29 Apr 2019.
- This tour is not suitable for families with children under 7 and people with walking (stairs climbing) disabilities. We strongly recommend booking a private tour (with the same itinerary) in this case.
- If you need a free audio-guide in Spanish, Italian or French, please send us an email after the booking. The audioguide is working on your smartphone, and we will send you instructions to install it.
- Peles castle is closed on Mondays from 7 May to 29 Sep, and it is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays from 30 Sep to 6 May. On these days, you will visit Rasnov Citadel.
- Between 4 November and 26 November every year, Peles Castle is closed for cleaning. During this period, you will be able to visit his smaller replica – Pelisor Castle.
- During the official holidays and weekends, the traffic to the mountain area might be busier than usual, so the return could be later than scheduled (around 9 – 10 pm).