Two Castles in One Day – 12 hours – small group shared tour
This is a small group full day tour from Bucharest to Transylvania on a very picturesque route through Carpathian Mountains allowing you to discover two of the most beautiful Romanian castles.
small group (no more than 16 people!) shared tour by car/minibus
80 Euro per adult, 45 Euro per child 7-11
|Discounts for online bookings||
5% for 3 persons, 8% for 4 persons or more
8.00 AM. If you book with hotel pick up, the time will be 07:30 AM.
around 12 hours
in front of the Romanian Athenaeum (1-3 Franklin St., Sector 1, Bucharest, Revolution Square – in front of the little garden)
Transport by car/minibus, English speaking guide, Entrance fees
Lunch (around 50 lei per person) – there will be a stop on the way to eat together or separately
Itinerary Two Castles in One Day Tour
Bucharest – Sinaia: Visit Peles Royal Castle in Sinaia – General Exhibition standard tour 1 hour (on Mondays and Tuesdays during the winter season you will visit Rasnov Citadel in Rasnov)
Sinaia – Bran: Visit Bran Castle (also known as Dracula’s Castle)
Bran – Brasov: Walking tour of Brasov downtown
Brasov – Bucharest
Peles Castle, erected between 1873 and 1914, has been the summer residence of the Romanian Royal family and it is the most visited museum in Romania.
Bran Castle (14th century) has been serving for ages as a military fortress controlling the entry route to Transylvania and it is nowadays frequently associated with Dracula”s myth.
On our way back, we will stop for a short walk in Brasov downtown, just to show you how a typical Transylvanian old city looked like.
* During the summer time (May-September), the second stop will be in Brasov and the last one will be in Bran.
Hotel pick-up/drop-off (within Bucharest)
The extra fee for hotel pick-up and drop-off is 20 Euro for a standard car (1-3 persons), 30 Euro for a minivan (4-8 persons) and 50 Euro for a minivan (9-16 persons) and the pick-up time is 07:30 am. During the booking process you can choose this extra service.
The following hotels are located within walking distance from the departure point and there is no need for a hotel pick-up: Hilton Athenee Palace, Radisson Blu, Berthelot, Amzei, Novotel, Grand Hotel Continental, Ramada Majestic, Capitol, Capsa, Opera, Mercure City Centre, Ambasador.
Please note that the cost of taxi or Uber in Bucharest is not so high and it could be more convenient for you to take a taxi to the departure point. You can ask the reception of your hotel to order a taxi for you. Just tell the driver to take you to the Athenaeum (“Ateneu” in Romanian) in front of Hilton Hotel.
- This is a small group tour and we never take more than 16 people. However, most of the days we have less than 16 people in the group.
- The Two Castles in One Day tour can be booked online at least 1 day before. Othewise, please call our office to inquiry about the availability and make a booking (+40 735 525 710).
- This tour is not suitable for families with children under 7. We strongly recommend to book a private tour (with the same itinerary) in this case.
- This tour is not suitable for people with walking (stairs climbing) disabilities. We strongly recommend to book a private tour (with the same itinerary) in this case.
- Peles Castle is closed on Mondays and Tuesday during the winter season – from Sep 15 to May 15 – and on Mondays during the summer season – from May 15 to Sep 15. During these days Rasnov citadel will be visited instead.
- Between 1 November and 1 December every year, Peles Castle is closed for cleaning. During this period, you will be able to visit his smaller replica – Pelisor Castle.
- During the official holidays and weekends the traffic to the mountain area might be busier than usual so the return could be later than scheduled (around 9 -10pm).
TravelMaker, as the company which organizes the trip, is not responsible if the visited sites are closed without prior notdice and for any reason at the moment you arrive.