Highlights of Brasov
Came here looking for relevant, straightforward information to help you make the most out of your visit to Brasov?
Well, you’re in the right place!
Whether you decide to book one of the available tours to Brasov or visit on your own, it’s best to act on this information.
Why? Because it will ensure you’ll have the best experience possible.
Unique Sights You Won’t See Anywhere Else
As soon as you arrive in Brasov, you will notice its distinct medieval ambiance and dreamlike authenticity.
It’s easy to be amazed and wander the streets looking at all the historical architecture. But there are plenty of other sights you won’t want to miss, such as:
- The Black Church – The greatest Gothic church in Transylvania. (September 16 – June 14: Open Mon. – Sat. 10 AM – 3:30 PM); (June 15 – September 15: Mon. – Sat. 10 AM – 5 PM); Closed Sun.
- The Town Hall Square – The heart of the city will win you over with its colorful architecture and impressive baroque ornaments. Make sure to snap some pictures of the Town Hall, a construction built at the beginning of the 15th century.
- The White Tower – Built-in 1494. You have to climb about 200 steps to reach it, but once you get to the top, you’ll have a great view of the Old Town.
- The Black Tower – Also built-in 1494. Climb the four floors inside to see a panoramic view of the Black Church.
- Tampa Mountain – Towering high above the Old Town, the Tampa Mountain is noticeable from every corner of the city. You can hike or take the cable car to get to the top (open Tue. – Sat. 9.30 AM – 5 PM; Sun: 10 AM – 6 PM). Either way, you’ll come across stunning views!
Brasov Nearby Attractions
Here are some other popular tourist attractions conveniently located near Brasov:
Open October 1st – March 31st: Monday 12PM – 4PM, Tue–Sun 9AM – 4PM, (April 1st – September 30th: Monday 12PM – 6PM, Tue–Sun 9AM – 6PM). Better known as Dracula’s Castle, this imposing construction atop a 200-foot-high rock is surrounded by mystery and legend. Visit Dracula’s Castle on a day trip if you want the best experience!
Open April – October: daily 9 AM – 7 PM; November – March: daily 9 AM – 5 PM. Located on a rocky hilltop in the Carpathian Mountains, it was first mentioned in an official document in 1331. You’ll find an unusual museum, archery activities, and a tavern inside the citadel.
Valea Cetatii Cave
Open November – March: daily 9 AM- 5 PM; April – October: daily 9 AM – 6 PM). Located about 3 kilometers (2 miles) from Rasnov Citadel, the cave is very well-preserved and easy to access
Prejmer Fortified Church
May 1st to October 31st:
Tuesday – Friday: 9 AM – 12 PM and 1 PM – 5 PM
Saturday: 9AM – 3PM
Sunday: 11AM – 3PM
November 1st to April 30th:
Tuesday – Sunday: 9 AM – 3 PM
Harman Fortified Church
April 15th to October 14th
Tuesday – Sunday: 9 AM- 12 PM and 1 PM – 5 PM
Monday – Closed
October 15th to April 14th
Tuesday – Sunday: 10 AM – 12 PM and 1 PM – 4 PM
Monday – Closed
It’s one of the most popular ski resorts in Romania and it’s located just 14 km (8.7 miles) outside Brasov.
The Bear Sanctuary at Zarnesti –
The largest Sanctuary of brown bears in the world. Dozens of rescued bears now live happily here, enjoying 70 hectares of oak and hazel forest in the Carpathian Mountains.
Tours with TravelMaker
Which of These Attractions Has Caught Your Eye?
As you can see, there are plenty of things to do and see in Brasov and in its close vicinity. It can get pretty overwhelming to plan your trip so that you can visit as many attractions as possible.
We’ll help you make the most out of the time you spend here with our tours to Brasov.
Want to visit two castles in one day? You can! We offer the possibility to visit Romania’s two main attractions – Dracula’s Castle and Peles Castle – all in a single day!
Also, check out our Transylvania 2-Day Break, one of our tours to Brasov. You’ll get to visit Dracula’s Castle, Rasnov Citadel, Peles Royal Castle in Sinaia, walk around downtown Brasov, and much more.
However, all that sightseeing is bound to make you hungry!