Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right? When you’re a tourist, this is non-negotiable. After all, you cannot visit all the attractions on an empty stomach.
A delicious, hearty breakfast can keep you going for a few hours.
If you’ll be visiting Bucharest soon, then you need to know what the best breakfast places you can try out while you’re there are.
Here are our recommendations.
Simbio is one of those unique places which will make you feel cozy as if you’ve entered a friend’s kitchen.
If you’ll be visiting Bucharest during the summer time or when it’s warmer outside, then you will be able to have your breakfast in their beautiful indoor garden.
Here are some of their delicious options for breakfast:
- eggs any style, served with salad and vinaigrette
- English breakfast
- omelets (you can choose the ingredients)
- French toast with fresh fruits and wild berry sauce
- crunchy granola, with yogurt and fresh fruits
- light and fluffy pancakes with ricotta, with banana and maple syrup.
2. Dianei 4
Dianei 4 is situated in a house which was built in the interwar period. If you’re a fan of old houses with lots of history, imperfections and unique design, then you will love this place. Not to mention the fact they have a lovely garden, as well.
You can come here and drink their specialty coffee to get the so needed morning boost.
For breakfast, you can have:
- bratwurst and egg
- egg white garden omelet
- traditional Romanian breakfast
- steak and egg (yes, for breakfast or brunch).
3. Grand Cafe Van Gogh
Grand Cafe Van Gogh is right in the city center, which means it’s convenient to go here if afterward, you plan to see some museums which are close to the old city.
Here are some of their tasty breakfast options:
- omelet with ham and gouda cheese
- omelet with goat cheese and salami
- scrambled eggs
- yogurt with muesli and honey
- toasted bread with butter and jam.
4. Rue du Pain
Rue du Pain is a French pastry and a restaurant, as well. If you fancy a French-style breakfast, if you love the smell of fresh bread out of the oven, then this is the place to go to.
Let’s discover the breakfast options:
- quiches and sandwiches that are served with salad on the side
- Croque Monsieur and Croque Madam
- Benedict eggs
- croissants (with butter or chocolate)
- granola with yogurt and berries
- omelet with ham.
Let’s see what their breakfast menu offers:
- simple omelet
- fried eggs
- scrambled eggs
- Benedict eggs
- salted mixed plate (salad, tomatoes, bacon, feta cheese, cheese, toasted bread, French butter)
- cereal bowl
- fresh fruits
- sweet plate (butter croissants, tartines, fresh fruits, natural yogurt).
Visiting Bucharest on an Empty Stomach Is a no-no
I hope I’ve peaked your interest with these amazing breakfast places and you’ll try them out when visiting Bucharest.
The capital of Romania is now an important touristic destination you should not miss out on.
If you want to get the most out of your trip here, then you can take a look at our tours to discover the amazing attractions you can visit in Bucharest and Romania.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at 40 735 525 710 if you have any questions about our tours or if you’d like to book one.