Transylvania Break – 2 days
Transylvania is the last corner of Europe where you see true sustainability and complete resilience. There’s so much we can learn from it before it’s too late.
His Royal Highness Prince Charles of Wales
small group shared tour by car/minibus
199 Euro per adult (over 12) and 149 Euro per child (3-12) for November-February, 209 Euro per adult and 159 Euro per child 3-12 for March-October
|Single room supplement||
30 Euro, mandatory for single travelers and payable to the guide at the start of the tour
|Discount for groups travelling together||
5% for 3 people, 8% for 4 or more people traveling together
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
English (other languages available on request for an additional fee)
Transport by car/minibus with pick-up and drop-off at your hotel, English speaking guide, 1 night accommodation in double room with breakfast included in a 3* hotel in Sighisoara, Entrance fees
Meals (other than the breakfast) – there will be stops on the way to eat together or separately
Itinerary for Transylvania Break Tour:
Day 1: BUCHAREST – SINAIA – BRASOV – SIGHISOARA (309 km)
Pick up in the morning from your hotel.
Prepare to leave behind the region of Wallachia and step into the legendary land of Transylvania, the country beyond the forest where many myths were born and time still flows slowly for those living here.
On our way, we will stop at Sinaia, a very famous mountain resort known also as the “Pearls of the Carpathians”. Here, you will visit Peles Castle, the former summer residence for the first Royal couple of Romania, King Carol 1st and Queen Elisabeth. Considered one of the most beautiful castles in Europe, the construction is impressive thanks to the architectural style and decorations, but most of all thanks to the beautiful interior design (interesting mixture of cultures in terms of furniture, the specific touch of the King and Queen) and the modern facilities for the last half of the XIXth century (electricity, vacuum cleaner, electrical elevator and central heating). Here you will also find out the story of the Royal couples in Romania and their important influence in the history of our country. The visit lasts about 45 minutes after which you will spend some time in the beautiful gardens of the castle.
The next stop is Brasov, Kronstadt (“the city of the crown”) under its German name. Yes, you are now officially in Transylvania! In Brasov you will have lunch in a typical restaurant and enjoy a lovely walk on the narrow and cobblestone streets of the old city center. You will see The Council Square, The Council Tower, The famous Black Church (the largest Gothic construction in Eastern part of Europe).
In the evening head to Sighisoara for dinner and overnight in the medieval citadel. Do not miss a short walk in the citadel and admire the medieval buildings at the light of the lanterns. Prepare to step back time!
Day 2: SIGHISOARA – BRAN – BUCHAREST (329 km)
In the morning, breakfast at your hotel.
You will start the day by visiting the citadel of Sighisoara (UNESCO Monument), the only medieval citadel in Europe which is still inhabited. Here time seems to run after other patterns, visitors feel like in a journey back time when knights and fair ladies used to fall in love before dating and freedom was the priceless treasure of the community. Here you will find out the story of the citadel, you will see the well preserved walls and towers of defense and admire the medieval houses aligned along narrow old streets. The highlights of the citadel are: the house where it is said that Vlad the Impaler (known as Dracula) was born, the Clock Tower (on the top of which you can take some beautiful panoramic pictures with the citadel), the Covered Stairs and the Evangelical Church.
In the afternoon, you will head to Bran and visit Bran Castle, which became so famous thanks to the legend of Dracula. Here you will find out how this legend was born and why Transylvania is until nowadays related to it. Our advice: probably some garlic will be useful during the visit!
In the afternoon, return to Bucharest and drop off at your hotel.
End of the trip.
- This tour is running with minimum 2 people, but we can immediately confirm bookings for one person on the following dates: 04 of July, 08, 10, 13, 18 and 27 July 2018, 11 of August, 15, 21, 22, 31 Aug 2018, 01, 09, 20, 29 of September 2018, 20 October 2018.
- For group discounts please give us a call in advance in order to receive the code discount; +40 735 525 710.
- If you make an online booking for a single traveler, the total amount will be blocked on your card and either charged if we can confirm the tour on your date or rejected if the tour cannot be confirmed for your date.
- This tour is not suitable for families with children under 7. We strongly recommend to book a private tour (with the same itinerary) in this case. At this moment, you cannot book online if you travel with children 8 to 12 years old. Please call or send us an email in this case.
- If you are travelling alone, it is mandatory to book a single room (normal price + single supplement) We will book the hotel as soon as you book the tour so the sooner you book the tour, the higher the chances to book a good hotel (based on our previous experience, location, services).
- 3* is a good standard for hotels in Sighisoara and we did not have complaints. However, if you want to book a 4* or 5* hotel for this trip, we recommend to book the private tour.
TravelMaker is not responsible if the visited sites are closed without prior notice and for any reason at the moment you arrive.
Please note that the order of the visits during the trip can vary depending on the weather and traffic conditions as well as on the visiting program switch from summer to winter season.