The Real Dracula Tour – Shared – 11 hours
Romania is well-known for its connection to the character of Bram Stoker’s novel “Dracula”, which was actually inspired by the former Wallachian prince named Vlad the Impaler. It is thought that he has killed from 40,000 to 100,000 European people, mainly by impaling.
With our The Real Dracula tour, you will find out more about the real story behind Stoker’s character. You’ll see why the former ruler lives up to the legend.
small group shared tour by car/minibus (never more than 16 persons!)
|Highlights of the trip||
The Old Princely Court from Targoviste, Curtea de Arges Monastery, the ruins of Poienari Fortress, Vidraru Dam
€79 for an adult, €59 for a child 7-12
|Discount for groups||
5% for 3 people, 8% for 4 or more people traveling together
|Additional benefits for online bookings||
10% discount at best restaurants in Bucharest including famous locations as Hard Rock Cafe, Caru cu bere, Hanu lui Manuc, Pescarus, 30% discount at Museum of Senses, 15% discount at Kitsch Museum.
Benjamin Franklin Parking (nearby landmarks: Romanian Athenaeum Concert Hall & Hilton Athenee Palace Hotel), District 1, Bucharest
aprox. 11 hours
Transport by car/minibus and English speaking tour guide
Lunch – there will be a stop for lunch and you can eat together or individually and Entrance fees
Highlights of the tour:
- Small-Group Tour: No more than 16 people for a more personal and intimate experience. A chance to really discover the real story behind Bram Stoker’s character while making new friends
- Friendly, Experienced Guide: Feel welcome, relaxed, and able to enjoy the tour to its fullest. Ask your burning questions and learn from your knowledgeable guide
- Poienari Fortress: hear the tumultuous story of Vlad the Impaler, visit the ruins of the citadel, and admire a remarkable scenery over the Carpathian mountains
- Targoviste: Visit the Old Princely Court, in the former capital of Walachia
- Vidraru Dam: an important construction from the communism period, placed next to the famous Transfagarasan Road
The Real Dracula Tour is a small group full-day tour from Bucharest to Targoviste, Curtea de Arges, and Poienari Fortress. The reason we call it “the real” Dracula is because we will visit the real places in Romania that have a connection with Vlad the Impaler – “the real” Dracula.
The first stop will be in Targoviste, the former capital of Wallachia, a historical region where Vlad Tepes – Vlad the Impaler used to rule. Here you will visit the former Prince Court and Chindia Tower, nowadays a symbol of the city.
The second stop will be Curtea de Arges, where you will visit one of the most beautiful monasteries in South Romania, a beautiful example of Byzantine architecture. Beyond the impressive and unique architectural style, the monastery boasts an interesting legend about the builder who had to sacrifice all which was dear to him in order to finish the monastery.
The highlight of our trip will be Poienari Fortress, which is a special place, where you can get only after climbing the 1480 steps through the cool forest, and once you reach the top you can enjoy the breathtaking scenery of the Carpathian Mountains and a glimpse of the popular Transfagasaran Road. Prepare to admire a remarkable scenery over the mountains and hear the tumultuous story of Vlad the Impaler, one of the most intriguing figures in our history.
Before getting back to Bucharest, you will stop at Vidraru Lake, an important construction from the communist period, placed next to the famous Transfagarasan Road, named by Top Gear as “the most beautiful road in the world”.
Know before you go
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place. If the minimum number of people is not reached, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.
- For group discounts please give us a call in advance in order to receive the code discount; +40 735 525 710.
- If you make an online booking for a single traveler, the total amount will be blocked on your card and either charged if we can confirm the tour on your date or rejected if the tour cannot be confirmed for your date.
- This tour is not suitable for families with children under 7. We strongly recommend to book a private tour (with the same itinerary) in this case;
- TravelMaker, as the company which organizes the trip, is not responsible if the visited sites are closed without prior notice and for any reason at the moment you arrive.