The “Last Days of Communism” Tour – 4 hours
Romania has been a communist country for more than 40 years, between 1948 and December 1989. Nicolae Ceausescu became the General Secretary of the Romanian Communist Party in 1965 and the president of Socialist Republic of Romania in 1974. 15 years later, he was removed from power and executed after a violent revolution during the winter of 1989. While nowadays Romania is a democracy, the communist period remained interesting as well as controversial.
small group shared tour by car/minibus
€39 for an adult, €20 for a child 3-12
|Additional benefits for our customers||
10% discount at best restaurants in Bucharest including famous locations as Hard Rock Cafe, Caru cu bere, Hanu lui Manuc, Pescarus, 30% discount at Museum of Senses, 15% discount at Kitsch Museum.
Tuesday to Sunday
Around 4 hours
Pick-up & drop-off at your hotel (or any address in the city) – exact time to be communicated one day before
English (other languages available on request for an additional fee)
Transport by car/minibus with pick-up and drop-off at your hotel, English speaking guide
Entrance fee at Primaverii Palace, Entrance fee at the Parliament Palace
Itinerary for the Communist Tour of Bucharest
Follow us on this trip through Bucharest to reveal the “great accomplishments of the golden era” and to hear the story of people who built it. You will see the first communist building in Bucharest, the Revolution Square with the balcony where the dictator gave his last speech, the majestic “House of People” and the former residence of the presidential couple.
The itinerary of the Communist Tour of Bucharest depends on your hotel’s location, but it will include: Free Press Square – The Arch of Triumph – Victoriei Square – Calea Victoriei – Revolution Square (Romanian Atheneum, Revolution’s Memorial) – The Palace of Parliament – Union Square – University Square – Romana Square – Victoriei Square – Charles de Gaulle Square – Primaverii Palace (the former residence of the dictator).
- If you make an online booking for a single traveler, the total amount will be blocked on your card and either charged if we can confirm the tour on your date or rejected if the tour cannot be confirmed for your date.
- The exact times for the visits to the Parliament Palace and Primaverii Palace are decided by these institutions only (based on their scheduled groups) and it is out of our control; Therefore the tour may take more or less than the specified duration.
- At the Parliament Palace we will book the standard visit (1 hour);
- In order to visit the Parliament Palace an original ID is mandatory;
- The visits are not guaranteed as these institutions are sometimes closed for Meetings and Conferences.
TravelMaker, as the company which organizes the trip, is not responsible if the visited sites are closed without prior notice and for any reason at the moment you arrive.