Mogosoaia Palace, Snagov & Caldarusani Monasteries Tour – 5 hours
Discover the beautiful surroundings of Bucharest and visit three of the most important and appreciated sites: Mogosoaia Palace, an over 300 year old palace located in a charming and very large park; Snagov Monastery, which became so famous thanks to the Legend of Dracula as, according to local stories, it is believed that in the monastery, Vlad the Impaler has his grave and the beautiful Caldarusani Monastery, one of the oldest and largest Orthodox Monasteries in Wallachia.
small group shared tour by car/minibus
€49 for an adult, €29 for a child 7-11
|Additional benefits for our customers||
10% discount at best restaurants in Bucharest including famous locations as Hard Rock Cafe, Caru cu bere, Hanu lui Manuc, Pescarus, 30% discount at Museum of Senses, 15% discount at Kitsch Museum.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
around 5 hours
pick-up & drop-off at your hotel (or any address in the city)
English (other languages available on request for an additional fee)
Transport by car/minibus, Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel, English speaking guide
Entrance fees and Photo Tax
Highlights of the tour
- Small-group tour for a personal and intimate experience
- Friendly & experienced tour guide
- Mogosoaia Palace, an over 300-year-old palace located in a charming and very large park
- Snagov Monastery, which became so famous thanks to the Legend of Dracula as, according to local stories, it is believed that in the monastery, Vlad the Impaler has his grave
- Caldarusani Monastery, one of the oldest and largest Orthodox Monasteries in Wallachia
During this half-day tour, you will discover the beautiful surroundings of Bucharest: Mogosoaia Palace, Snagov, and Caldarusani monasteries.
The first stop will be in Snagov, which is located on an island in the Northern part of Snagov Lake. The monastery was built by Mircea the Elder (the grandfather of the famous Dracula) who made also the first documentary attestation of this church in 1408. During its history, the monastery was rebuilt by Vlad the Impaler, and some other rulers of Wallachia. It has been one of the strongest fortified churches, an important cultural center, running here one of the first printing houses of Wallachia. Snagov Monastery is one of the most popular tourist destinations especially for the foreign tourists coming to Bucharest as here, they can see the place where is supposed to be the grave of the cruel voivod, known as Dracula.
The next visit will be Caldarusani Monastery which is located also on the shore of a lake surrounded by a beautiful forest.
It was built in the XVIIth century by Matei Basarab and it represents one of the largest and oldest Orthodox Monasteries in the Wallachia historical region. The church shelters an impressive collection of religious objects and books. The icons are very beautiful, six of them being painted by the most important Romanian painter, Nicolae Grigorescu.
Last but not least is Mogosoaia Palace, a monumental building having a unique architecture called Brancovenesc style which is a Romanian Renaissance architectural style consisting of a mixture of Venetian and Ottoman elements.
The Palace was built by the ruler Constantin Brancoveanu in 1702 for his elder son. After more than 200 years, it was renovated starting with 1912 by Martha Bibescu becoming a meeting place for the members in the high-level society. At the end of the Second World War, after 1945, the palace was nationalized by the Communist Party. In the present, the palace hosts the Museum of Brancoveanu Art and it is an important tourist attraction.
After the visit to Mogosoaia Palace, the tour ends at your hotel.
Know before you go
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place. If the minimum number of people is not reached, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.
- Mogosoaia Palace is closed on Mondays and you will see the palace from the outside
- If you make an online booking for a single traveler, the total amount will be blocked on your card and either charged if we can confirm the tour on your date or rejected if the tour cannot be confirmed for your date.
- From March to October as well as December 16 to January 6, at least 4 people are required for this activity to take place
- January 7 to February 29 and November 1 to December 15, at least 2 people are required for this activity to take place
- If the minimum number of people is not reached, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund
- This tour can also run as a private option, please find here more details.
Mogosoaia Palace, Snagov & Caldarusani Monasteries Private Tour – 5 hoursRead more
Bucharest Evening Tour and Traditional Dinner – 3 hours59.00€ Add to cart
Peles Royal Castle & Wine Tasting – 9 hours169.00€ Add to cart
Full Day Trip to Peles & Bran (Dracula’s) Castles – 12 hours129.00€ Add to cart
Tourism licence no. 830 from 25.01.2019 issued by Ministry of Regional Development and Tourism Romania
Registration number personal data operator: 11966
Insurance policy no. 54570 from 09.01.2020 valid from 10.01.2020 until 09.01.2021 issued by OMNIASIG VIENNA INSURANCE GROUP S.A. Amount covered: 30.000 EUR
Tourism certificate no. 7666 from 11.04.2003
Capital: 25.000 RON | Commercial no. J40/3295/2005 | Company no. RO17262596