Danube Delta Tour – shared – 2 days
At the end of a 2800 km long journey, flowing through several countries across Europe, the Danube empties into the Black Sea forming a largely unspoiled wetland, a real paradise for bird lovers, fishers and seekers of solitude alike. Danube Delta is included on UNESCO’s World Heritage list and is one of Romania’s most fascinating attractions.
small group shared tour by car/minibus
€389 per adult and €319 per child (7-11)
|Single room supplement||
€30, mandatory for single travelers and payable to the guide at the start of the tour
May 1 – September 30
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Transport by car/minibus, Hotel pick-up and drop-off, English speaking guide, 1-night accommodation in a double room with breakfast at 3* hotel, boat ride in Danube Delta, Entrance fees
Meals (other than the breakfast) – there will be stops on the way to eat together or separately
|Additional benefits for our customers||
10% discount at best restaurants in Bucharest including famous locations as Hard Rock Cafe, Caru’ cu bere, Hanu’ lui Manuc, Pescarus, 30% discount at Museum of Senses, 15% discount at Kitsch Museum.
Itinerary – Danube Delta Tour
Day 1: BUCHAREST – CONSTANTA – DANUBE DELTA (360 km)
The trip starts with a pick up from your hotel at 8:00 am and drive to Constanta, the oldest city of the Romanian territory (657 BC). Constanta is the largest harbor at the Black Sea and the fourth largest commercial harbor in Europe.
In the Old Town of Constanta you will visit the Museum of History& Archaeology, the Roman Edifice with mosaic (the largest mosaic from the Roman Empire), the statue representing Publius Ovidius Naso, the Muslim Mosque built by the first king of Romania, Carol the 1st, as a homage to the local Muslim community (going up in the Minaret Tower you can have a splendid panoramic view of the whole city of Constanta), the Orthodox Cathedral dedicated to Saints Peter and Paul (monument of Byzantine architectural style), the Aquarium Constanta, the first public aquarium in Romania, the Genoese lighthouse first built in the 13th century, and rebuilt in the present shape between 1858-1860.
After lunch, you will journey toward the Danube Delta, just in time for dinner & accommodation.
Day 2: DANUBE DELTA – BUCHAREST (290 km)
After breakfast, a boat will be ready to take you for a few hours trip in the heart of the delta.
The Danube Delta is the largest river delta in Europe and home for 300 species of bird and 160 species of fish. There are about 20 protected areas including the 500-year-old Letea Forest and Europe’s largest pelican colony.
At the end of the boat trip, you will continue your itinerary toward Tulcea. This city (mentioned for the first time in the 8th century BC) is known as “The gate to the Danube Delta”, and it is located on the site of seven hills. Tulcea’s ancient name was Aegyssus, and it was a Greek settlement initially. You will have lunch and head to Bucharest, arriving in the evening.
- This tour is running with a minimum of 2 people.
- For group discounts, please call before booking to receive a discount code.
- If you make an online booking for a single traveler, the total amount will be blocked on your card and either charged if we can confirm the tour on your date or rejected if the tour cannot be confirmed for your dates.
- This tour is not suitable for families with children under 7. We strongly recommend booking a private tour (with the same itinerary) in this case. Please call or send us an email in this case.
- If you are traveling alone, it is mandatory to book a single room (regular price + single supplement) We will reserve the hotel as soon as you book the tour so the sooner you book the tour, the higher the chances to book a good hotel (based on our previous experience, location, services).
- 3* is a good standard for hotels in the Danube Delta, and we did not have complaints. However, if you want to book a 4* or 5* hotel for this trip, we recommend booking the private tour.
TravelMaker is not responsible if the visited sites are closed without prior notice and for any reason at the moment you arrive.
Please note that the order of the visits during the trip can vary depending on the weather and traffic conditions as well as on the visiting program switch from summer to the winter season.